The Purdue Chapter of the Evans Scholarship began in 1967. At this point in time, Scholars were living in University Housing known as Cary Courts. Cary Courts today is known as Married Student housing.
After occupying Cary Courts, the Purdue Chapter lived in several cooperative housing arrangements, before settling for several years in the building which is now occupied by the Fraternity ΑΕΠ.
Construction on the Purdue Evans Scholars Scholarship house began in 1989, and was complete in 1991, providing the current home of the Purdue Evans Scholars.
The Purdue Chapter’s first faculty advisor was Dr. Ken Coleman, who served for over 25 years. Our current faculty advisors are Leslie Charters and Michael Roe.
Frederick L. Hovde, Purdue President from 1946-1971, holds special importance to the Purdue Evans Scholars Chapter. Hovde was a motivating factor in the establishment of the Purdue Chapter. Hovde and Charles “Chick” Evans personally collaborated in the establishment of the Iota Chapter. Within the Scholarship House, there is a library dedicated to Hovde for his efforts in advancing the Evans Scholarship Foundation.
As of 2016, there are 49 Scholars living in the Purdue House and 439 Alumni.